Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mr. Moose turns 1 : has hot wheels and rainbow cakes

Dan stayed up late last night putting Brennan's car together and we all waited anxiously in the living room for him to come out and see his present the next morning.  He was surprised and very attracted to it right away.  The first thing he wanted to do of course was push it around, then Daddy put him in the driver's seat and took him for a spin around the house.

I worked long  hours putting together a special cake mix for Brennan.  I've always wanted to try a rainbow cake and I decided to make a snake cupcake with rainbow cupcakes.  It's complicated but I'll get the final pics up and all will be made clear.

Here are the preliminary pics from putting it together.  Sara and Nanna had lots of fun watching me make the different color batters for the cupcakes and then put them all in layers.

One color down, 5 more to go.  It took me about an hour to layer all the batter carefully into the 12 cupcake wrappers.





This is what they look liked baked.  I'll get a cross section so you can see the rainbow when we eat them.



Dan is making a special lemon/lime frosting that tastes amazing and then we'll decorate them to form a snake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment