Saturday, January 28, 2012

All dressed up

This week I bought Moose some 18 month size clothes and that seems ridiculous for 6 months but he's already filling out his 12 months clothes.  I bought an entire 12 month wardrobe before he was born at Target and I imagined him walking in those clothes, however he's wearing them now and he's just barely crawling, it seems really strange to me.  I guess I will have to totally rethink his wardrobe from here on out.  Anyway I got him these cute little plaid shirts like the one he's wearing here and I assumed he'd be a cute little toddler, not still rolling on the floor with them. Oh well.



Brennan's eye lid has been a little bit swollen and I accidentally missed his appointment this week.  He has another appointment scheduled for this Friday.  Maybe it will clear up by then.  I think he's been spending a lot of time rubbing his face on the carpet.  He spends a lot of time on the floor now trying to crawl.

He has graduated to eating off of our dinner plates now too.  This weekend he ate salmon, couscous with mustard seed and onion, dates, rice, raspberry yogurt and frozen peaches.  We are having fun feeding him and he thinks it's fun too.  I wonder what he will try next. 

Also, I can't remember if I blogged about this already or not but Moosey has graduated from sleeping in his swing to sleeping in his bed.  Naps during the day are still a little tough, he cries and wakes up a lot.  However at night he sleeps soooo good!  I wish we'd stopped swaddling him earlier because he sleeps much more soundly now.  I haven't gotten up with him at night at all in two weeks now and he sleeps 10 hours!!

Also, when you put him down for bed at night he already knows the routine.  We put on his sleep sack, a heavy blanket with armholes and a neck hole, then we go into Sara's room and tell her good night.  Sara loves to give Brennan lots of hugs and kisses before bed.  Then I give him kisses and lay him down in his bed and turn on his humidifier.  He never makes a sound and I go an check on him a minute or  two later and he's on his side, fast asleep already.  It's wonderful.  No more rocking endlessly, stuffing him into his swaddle wrap, and then rocking some more.  I hope his day time naps get easier and I think they will as he gets bigger and more used to sleeping in his crib and playing in it or not seeing it as something he has to get out of immediately but actually enjoying it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment