Monday, January 16, 2012

New foods

My back has been out the last two weeks so I haven't been updating the kids blogs as much, or taking any pics of them.  Hopefully we'll be back on track soon. 

Brennan has been trying out some new foods lately.  His newest delectables are plain yogurt, carrots, blueberries, cottage cheese, and quinoa.  He loves yogurt with blueberry puree on it.  Also I've been mixing the cottage cheese in with various foods.  I made him a cottage cheese, pea, and quinoa blend today and he ate it up.  It's fun to feed him new foods and see what kind of faces he makes.  I've discovered that just because he makes a face does not mean that he doesn't like it.  He made a horrible face at the yogurt and looked really unsure of it but he opens his mouth still and begs for more.  Also he likes to smack it on his lips. He really didn't like the texture of cottage cheese but blended up it adds flavor to his veggies.

He has his 6 month appointment on the 26th and I'm excited for him to see the doctor.  When I weighed him at home last he was almost 17 pounds.  It's crazy considering Sara was well into her 1st year before she weighed that much. 

Brennan is still happiest when you are feeding him but just within the last 10 days he's been much happier rolling around on the floor.  He can roll about 10 feet away now and can totally get his belly off the ground by pushing up, he does plank really well.  Now it's just a matter of him coordinating his arms and legs and he'll be off.  I've been really thankful that he's spending more time on the floor since my back is out.  I can lay on the couch near him and watch him roll around.  It's been really rough on our carpet though.  He's been throwing up all kinds of green and purple things on our rug and I'm worried it might stain.   Hopefully if we get a new house this year, he'll be out of that phase by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment