Monday, January 23, 2012

Teething bag

Today while I was at the store getting Brennan a sleep sack (which is basically like a blanket with armholes and a neck hole that they can wear to bed and stay warm in) I decided to also try a mesh teether (a video of Brennan and his new teether).  It has a lid you can put in the freezer with water in it to keep it cool, a top, and replaceable mesh bags.  You can put all kinds of foods in it for them to teeth on, frozen grapes, peaches, bananas, various veggies, ice, etc.

We tried it out this afternoon and it was a big hit.  I used frozen peas and bananas.  I think tomorrow we'll either try ice or apples.  It kept him occupied for a good 20 minutes.  I hope he and his teether will become good friends. The teething mesh bags are a total pain to clean out but it's worth it.

Brennan is trying to sleep like the big boys sleep now.  We've been putting him in in his bed at night, with his blanket sleeper on while he's still awake instead of rocking him or swaddling him.  He has put himself to bed every night without so much as a peep.  Now we need to get working on naps and get him out of his swing.  He's not going to fit in it forever, it already labors to swing him.

Tonight I got pics of him in his bed, I love sleeping baby pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment