Friday, September 2, 2011

Mr. Moose Smiles

Brennan has really started smiling a lot. He especially likes it when I call him "Mr. Moose", that usually gets a smile. I think he just likes me though. Dan has tried a few times with no luck. It's been really hard to capture it on camera though because he hates the flash. This pic is actually only the tail-end of a smile while I waited on the camera to boot up. He has a Huge smile!



I'm hoping he keeps the blue eyes that he seems to have, I love them!
His stomach seems back to normal now thankfully and we're back on our normal sleeping schedule. I'm loving the afternoons. He and Sara sleep from 2-5 or 2-6 and it gives me a nice break. I'm able to pump, do some housework, play on Facebook, blog, water the garden, and sleep, all before they get up.

Today I researched how much milk he should be getting. He's still weighing 11.5 and I'm afraid the pediatrician is going to not be happy when we return. I kind of think that my kids just aren't big weight gainers and as long as he's healthy I'm not going to freak out. After all, he's still in the 90th percentile for weight.

Most women say they get 1-3 oz on each side when they pump and that's exactly what I get. So when he nurses he should be getting something like that to eat every time. They are supposed to get 24-30 oz a day so I need to count how many times I feed him and see where he's falling. He's only getting about one 2 oz bottle of formula a day to supplement at night but I have noticed when he gets formula my milk suffers, so I would like to cut that out all together.

Also I have been taking fennel capsules, drinking 1/4 cup of beer every other day, eating oatmeal and granola bars, and eating sprouted Fenugreek. All of that is supposed to help. Not to mention, pumping while he sleeps. I'm determined not to lose my milk this time. I'm so happy we invested in a good breast pump, it has made a huge difference, really kicking myself I didn't do that for Sara.

When I start to feel better I want to really exercises a lot, not sure yet how that will affect my milk though. I guess I'll have to see. Probably climbing Mt. Timp is out this year though. I just can't be away from the pump or the little sucker that long. NEXT YEAR for sure though!

No comments:

Post a Comment