Thursday, September 29, 2011

2 month check-up

Brennan had his check-up today. Mostly everything was OK. He weighed 12.13 and was in the 75% for height and weight. The doctor said to just keep doing what we're doing. He mostly breast feeds and has about 2-3 bottles of formula a day when he acts hungry.

The doctor did notice that his head seems to be a little lopsided in the back on the right side. He said it's important that we start to correct it now or else he could have a bulge on his forehead. He recommended to put a towel under him when he sleeps and make sure he looks to the left as much as possible. He also has a bit of a stiff neck so we have to stretch his neck to the left 5 times a day. The doctor thinks it's probably from being cramped in the womb.

Brennan got three shots today, I hate watching them get their shots! He did better than Sara though, he turned purple but only for a little bit, then he seemed fine.

He also had an ear infection from the recent illnesses we've had so now he's on antibiotics too. I'm glad we took him to the doctor today. He cried all day yesterday and I thought it was just something that I ate, but after I bathed him today a bunch of crud came out of his ear so it was probably that he was in discomfort.

Sara had her flu mist vaccine today at the doctor, she still acted traumatized about it and thought it was a shot. They should make it look like a sucker and less like a shot or something.

After the visit I went and got my flu shot because the doctor said Brennan could get antibodies from me having it.

Also I asked him if it was prudent to be cautious with Brennan in the Winter months and told him that Dan teases me and says I'm overly paranoid about him getting sick. His opinion was that I am doing it just right. He said not to even be around kids with the sniffles because when older kids have RSV it's not that severe but it can be dangerous for babies. I wish Dan had been at the appointment to hear the doctor say it but he couldn't miss work.

No comments:

Post a Comment