Saturday, March 31, 2012

Things we do for fun

Brennan has been taking his baths in the tub like a regular kid and he does great, he loves the sprayer.  Sara likes to take baths with him too.  She has decided he makes a good billboard for her letters.  They stick to his back and she thinks it's funny to cover him in letters.


He has been getting into everything this week.  He's climbing things non-stop.  We've had to rearrange our furniture and move things he was climbing on.  He is taking little steps with his feet while holding on to things but I still don't think he's quite ready to walk, but I think definitely he will  by 10 or 11 months.

We are trying to train him to stay in his baby play pen while Dan practices piano.  Hopefully we can get him trained to expect to stay in there when he hears the piano.  That way we know he is safe and Dan can play piano and know that he is safe when I am not there and he can't see behind him at the piano.  So far it's worked OK.

  I thought Brennan might really love the play pen because he can stand up on the sides and not get hurt when he falls.  We piled it full of toys.  Even Sara thought it looked fun.  She watched from the outside for a while and then she thought she might be missing all the fun so she wanted to be in the play pen too.


This week Moose has mostly been eating regular food not pureed.  He loves mashed up banana and cottage cheese, sometimes I mash blueberries too.  The only time I use the  baby bullet any more is to blend his peas and spinach with cottage cheese.  There's really no way to mash up peas or spinach with a fork to where he can eat it, so I will still puree that for him.  I've been putting it over hard boiled egg yolks like a sauce.  Once he can safely eat more green veggies, I guess I can get rid of the baby bullet.  Pretty much everything else he can eat mashed.

Also this week I was eating a peanut butter sandwich and I rubbed some peanut butter on his face to see how he'd do.  He didn't get a rash.  I think he will be totally fine and not have any food allergies.  

I'm really stressing over his ear.  He has still been really cranky and he's still grabbing at his ears.  I will probably take him back to the doctor next week.  I hope it'll be good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment