Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tag-a-long

Brennan came to Sara's music class today. Somehow he slept through the sticks banging, singing, and tambourines. I hope I'm able to keep him quiet for 45 minutes every week, if not, we'll be in the hallway a lot. I might need to get him a babysitter eventually but I'm not sure who that would be so I'll just have to manage.

As usual, he ate tons today. I fed him two bottles of formula last night and that's usually all of the formula he gets, the rest of the day he drinks breast milk.

Today his butt was a little red so I gave him little mini-butt wipe downs with a rag and water and used a hair dryer on him for the first time. He was scared of it for a second but then when he felt it was warm he seemed to like it.

He gets so mad when I put him down sometimes. It's just not possible for me to carry him all day long when I have Sara and myself to take care of too, so he has to spend some time in his jungle gym or in the bouncer. I hope he is able to learn to entertain himself more as he gets older, I'm sure he will. Today I hoked up a big octopus to his jungle gym with the elephants and that seemed to entertain him for a while. I was able to give Sara a bath while he batted at it.

I like the schedule he is on and hope it stays that way. He takes a nap with Sara and he goes to bed at 7 p.m. and wakes back up at midnight, which isn't too late for me. Then I feed him a bunch at midnight and he can sleep until 4 a.m. It's way better than getting up at 2 a.m. which sometimes still happens but if he's feeling well he'll just sleep. Usually at 4 a.m. I can put him back down and he'll sleep until 6 a.m. when Dan is ready to get up.


1 comment: